何其芳《预言》 ~ 文学翻译-经典英译-中英双语赏析

朗读这篇文章

Prophecy
《预言》

It has finally arrived—that heart-throbbing day.
这一个心跳的日子终于来临!
The sound of your footsteps, like the sighs of the night,
呵,你夜的叹息似的渐近的足音
I can hear clearly. They are not leaves whispering in the winds
我听得清本是林叶和夜风私语,
Nor the fawns darting across a lichened pass.
麋鹿驰过苔径的细碎的蹄声!
Tell me, tell me in your singing voice of a silver bell,
告诉我,用你银铃的歌声告诉我,
Are you not the youthful god I heard about in a prophecy?
你是不是预言中的年轻的神?
You must have come from the warm and exuberant south,
你一定来自那温郁的南方!
Tell me about the sun there, and the moonlight,
告诉我那里的月色,那里的日光!
Tell me how the spring air blows open the hundreds of flowers,
告诉我春风是怎样吹开百花,
And how the swallow lovingly clings to the window twigs.
燕子是怎样痴恋着绿杨?
I shall close my eyes to sleep in your dreamy songs—
我将合眼睡在你如梦的歌声里,
Such comfort I seem to remember, and yet seem to have forgotten.
那温暖我似乎记得,又似乎遗忘。
Stop please, pause in the middle of your long journey
请停下,请停下你疲劳的奔波,
To come in. Here is a tiger-skin rug for you to sit on.
进来,这儿有虎皮的褥,你坐!
Let me light up every leaf I have gathered in autumn,
让我烧起每一个秋天拾来的落叶
Listen to me singing my own song.
听我低低地唱起我自己的歌。
Like the flame, my song will dip and rise in the turn, again
那歌声将火光一样沉郁又高扬,
Like the flame, will tell the story of the fallen leaves.
火光一样将我的一生诉说。
Don’t go forward, the forest ahead is boundless,
不要前行!前面是无边的森林,
The trunks of old trees show stripes and spots of the animals.
古老的树现着野兽身上的斑纹,
The serpentine vines intertwine, half dead and half living,
半生半死的藤,蟒一样交缠着,
Not a single star can fall through the dense foliage above.
密叶里漏不下一颗星星。
You won’t dare to put your foot down a second time, when you
你将怯怯地不敢放下第二步,
Have heard the empty and lonely echo of your first step.
当你听见了第一步空寥的回声。
Must you go? Then, let me go with you.
一定要走吗?请等我和你同行!
My feet know every safe trail there is.
我的脚步知道每一条平安的路径,
I shall sing my songs without stop,
我可以不停地唱着忘倦的歌,
And offer you the comfort of my hand.
再给你,再给你手的温存!
When the thick darkness of the night separates us,
当夜的浓黑遮断了我们,
You may fix your eyes on mine.
你可以不转眼地望着我的眼睛。
You pay no heed to my excited songs,
我激动的歌声你竟不听,
Your footsteps halt not for a moment at my trembling self.
你的脚竟不为我的颤抖暂停!
Like a breeze, soft and serene, passing through the dusk…
象静穆的微风飘过这黄昏里,
It vanishes, and vanished are your proud footsteps.
消失了,消失了你骄傲的足音!
Ah, have you really silently come, as in the prophecy,
呵,你终于如预言中所说的
And silently gone, my youthful god?
无语而来,无语而去了吗?年轻的神?

未经允许不得转载:帕布莉卡 » 何其芳《预言》 ~ 文学翻译-经典英译-中英双语赏析

赞 (0) 打赏

觉得文章有用就打赏一下文章作者

支付宝扫一扫打赏

微信扫一扫打赏