周瓒《窗外》 ~ 文学翻译-经典英译-中英双语赏析

朗读这篇文章

Outside the Window
《窗外》

Often, I imagine lifting my head from the page.
我时常想象自己抬起头,从书页上
I imagine seeing a fraction of the sea,
我想象自己,看到了一片海
its field of blue, beyond the window’s edge.
有蓝色的液体,游过窗棂
But all I glimpse is one small part of the ocean.
但我所能领受的,只是一小片海域
So I say to myself, that’s not
我告诉自己,那从来就不是
its full depth or expanse—
全部的深广,况且
besides, I’m sitting in one place.
我坐在一个固定的地方
It alerts me, imagination has limits.
它提醒我,想象,也不能是无限的
I know it, too, must begin somewhere;
想象有一个天然的出发点
perhaps it has the freedom
也许它有自由
of the sea bird’s wings—
如海鸟一样的翅膀
like those our soul covets—
而我们的心灵能够
offering us breaches,
提供树枝
feeding our daydreams on a perched fulcrum
供白日的梦想,一个栖息的支点

未经允许不得转载:帕布莉卡 » 周瓒《窗外》 ~ 文学翻译-经典英译-中英双语赏析

赞 (0) 打赏

觉得文章有用就打赏一下文章作者

支付宝扫一扫打赏

微信扫一扫打赏